Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sweet Chicken Tacos

1 ½ lbs chicken
1 can Rotel or petite diced tomatoes
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 can green chilies
1/2 cup brown sugar
Garlic salt to taste
8 fresh uncooked tortillas
1 cup Minute rice (optional – I have included)
1 cup cheese (optional – I have included)
Sour cream (optional – I have included)
Lettuce (optional – I have not included)

Place frozen chicken in crockpot. Mix the 1st 4 ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on medium or high for 4-6 hours.

When chicken is cooked through, shred and add the garlic salt. Allow to soak for several minutes to add flavor.

Cook tortillas on stovetop over medium heat for approx 30 seconds on each side.

Serve sweet chicken on tortillas with your choice of additional toppings. I prefer to include cooked minute rice, cheese, sour cream and lettuce in mine. :) Hope you enjoy!

No comments: