Monday, September 14, 2009

Meat Loaf

Sorry girls, I apologize in advance for this months meal, ha ha. Don't worry, it's not going to kill you or anything but I should have gotten 100% lean ground beef. So just a little note to self if you ever make this be sure to get very lean ground beef. I think I used 80% lean ground beef and when I cooked mine it was a little greasy around the edges (I hope it doesn't gross you out!). All you need to do is, if there is fat/grease after you cook the meat loaf in the oven, just use a paper towel to absorb it. It still tastes good, at least I think so, and Justin loves it ~ that's why I made it in the first place, he insisted so if you don't like it you can blame him :). I included instant potatos, gravy, and a dessert so hopefully those will make up for it if you don't like it, ha ha. You'll have to let me know how it goes. Now that I'm done with my speil, here's the recipe...

2 lbs lean ground beef (thawed)

2 eggs

1 1/2 cups oatmeal

1/2 cup water

1 package onion soup mix

Mix the above ingredients well. Put in 9x13 pan and spread this mixture on top… 1/2 cup ketchup, 4 teaspoons mustard, and 2 tablespoons brown sugar.

If frozen, unthaw. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until it’s warm and brown (cooked) all the way through, it may take up to 45 minutes, so be sure to check the middle. *If you want to split this up into 2 8x8 pans instead of doing 1 9x13 I usually 1 ½ times the recipe.

Serve with Instant Potatoes
Instructions: Bring 3 to 3 1/2 cups water to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 ½ cups of potato pearls (bag full) with a fork. Add butter and salt if you’d like. Serve with gravy, or sour cream and cheese, or plain… whatever you prefer :).

*Just a little side note ~ I like to dip my meatloaf in ketchup so if you want you can try it. Hope you enjoy :)!

No comments: