Monday, September 14, 2009

Pulled Pork Sandwiches and Twice Baked Potatoes

The Pulled Pork is already to go so just defrost and enjoy! I don't really have a recipe, but this is what I do.

Place whatever size boneless pork roast you want in your crockpot with the Fat side up. I usually put around 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar in. Than I use whatever seasonings I have on hand. For this round I used Paprika, Garlic Powder, Johnny's Season Salt, Celery Salt, Salt and Pepper. Sprinkle all of these on top of the roast to make a crust on the fat side. Then poor about 1/2 to 3/4 of a bottle of Liquid smoke. I prefer the Hickory. Cook on low for 10 hours. Than drain all but 1/4 of the liquid and shred. Add your favorite BBQ sauce, I used Famous Dave's rich and saucy. Then cook again on low for around another hour.

For the Twice Baked Potatoes you can put directly in the oven from the freezer. Cook at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes. If defrosted, bake for about 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

I am excited for this months meals. Everything sounds so yummy.

No comments: